Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Ocotillo


My father-in-law got a free foursome to Ocotillo as a consolation for paying out the nose for the wedding. We went with my co-worker and friend, Med, and a new friend we met golfing at Longbow named Everardo.

It was a beautiful day...a little overcast, so I didn't need shades and the temperature was perfect...low 70's. I wish my score reflected the temperature, but again I got a 90. Jimmy was right on my tail with a 91. I got one birdie and a couple of pars. I only had one real "blow-up" hole, which was a 7 on a par 3!

My irons and my chipping were pretty good, but it was my driving and putting that I felt were a bit off. Jimmy's drives were great! He was in the fairway on almost every drive.

The only negative thing I can say about the experience is that the ranger rushed us a bit and we were playing at a good pace I felt. We were keeping up with a twosome in front of us. The twosome behind us was waiting for us quite a bit, but come on! They're a twosome! We were a foursome!

It was a great time! Great course! Beautiful weather!

No comments: