Thursday, June 26, 2008

PGA Superstore in Chandler, AZ

(Copyrighted Image of PGA Superstore removed upon request....see comment)

Ok, this PGA Superstore is HUGE and I absolutely love it! I can spend hours there without even noticing the time fly by. I had been to one of their stores in Dallas, TX so I knew what to expect.

The pros:
-Several hitting areas: a net area, lesson area, and a short game area
-Large selection of merchandise: golf bags for any college you can think of, I even saw a Boise State hat, apparel, clubs, training aids, accessories...you name it, it was there.

The cons:
-The staff was not very helpful. I don't know if this was because it is new and they are understaffed, but I didn't have one person ask if they could help me. I was lost in the golf bag section (there are so many bags!) and I could not for the life of me find the Ogio bag I was looking for. I finally found it, but help would have been nice.
-Did I mention the staff not being helpful. There were signs all over the place advertising the $199 VIP and to ask for a free demo.

So, I asked one of the gentlemen about it and he said, "um, it's where you can have access to the netted hitting bays for an hour at a time whenever you want."

Logically, I asked, "Well, can't I use them any time I want to when I am trying out clubs?"

He said, "Well...yeah."

Later on, I went over to the netted hitting bays right after a guy finished hitting and noticed that in the bay there was a computer with a camera. The person who had just left had apparently been videoing his swing and analyzing it on the computer. He must have had the VIP membership with a login to be able to do this.

Now, why didn't the PGA Superstore staff member tell me this? Here's a perfectly good reason to be a VIP. Without a VIP membership, in order to video my swing myself, I have to drag out my camera, find my tripod, drag it all out to the golf course, set it all up (while I am feeling like a dork in front of everyone), video tape myself, come home, upload the video to my computer, load the video into some analysis software, and by that time it has been months and I have a totally different swing.

With the VIP membership, I can immediately video tape myself and get instant feedback. The camera, tripod, computer, and software is already setup for me. This is the true value of the VIP membership. They should have me selling this!!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hello,
I just came across your blog and I found my copyrighted image there. Please immediately remove that image of the PGA Superstore.

About.com is a part of the New York Times Company, and I am supposed to report copyright violations to the legal department there, but I would prefer to give you the opportunity to correct this mistake.

Judy Hedding
About.com Guide to Phoenix, AZ
http://phoenix.about.com

www.About.com
About.com is part of The New York Times Company