Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Two Birdies at Talking Stick

Some friends of mine and I played Talking Stick last Saturday and they wanted to play for money, so I figured, what the heck. They wanted to play best front nine, back nine, overall, birdies, and greenies. I'm not sure how much each of them pays out, but I know that no one ever loses more than about $20, so I was in.

I started out the first hole with a great drive and a good approach shot, that landed on the green about 15 feet from the hole, which I preceded to drain! One of the other guys got a bogie and he started his frustrations. I was with a single since there were only three of us. That was nice because he was very laid back like myself...doesn't get too upset or excited. We would chuckle at the anger and frustration exhibited by the guys in the other cart (i.e. my friends).

So, the front nine, I got a 41 and then the back nine I had two triple bogies, and ended up with a 44 which gave me an 85 overall. Not bad, but I wish I could end the penalties and the three putts. If I could have no penalties and no three putts, I think I could consistently score in the low 80's and maybe pull off some high 70's.

No comments: