Here's what I learned from each station:
1) full swing
- Drill - place a ball a little to the right of my target line and a few feet in front of me and swing out towards this ball. This stops me from pulling my irons.
- Stand Taller - I tend to hunch over the ball
- Wider Stance - With a narrow stance, my weight gets over the right side of my right foot a little too much.
- The Barkley Drill - Charles Barkley does a drill with Hank Haney on the Golf Channel show "The Haney Project" that the instructor said would work for me as well.
- Put feet close together
- Left foot a few inches back
- Open left foot a little
- Ball position on back foot
- Putting stroke
- Drill - This drill helps your feel. Chip the first ball a short distance on the green. Chip the second a little further than the first...the third a little further and so on. Try to keep chipping a little further each time and see how many you can do before going off the back of the green.
- Place ball in middle of stance.
- Open to the target
- Club face at the target
- Swing along body
- Drill - Make a footprint in the sand. Swing in the sand and take out only the footprint. Not more...not less.
- For a short, high shot (ball in front of bunker near the green) place the ball back in stance to force a steeper swing.