Monday, March 22, 2010

2nd Place, Closest to the Pin, and 1 Skin...Not Too Shabby

I've been playing in a local men's league that plays several muni courses in the valley and have been enjoying it. Last weekend we played at Apache Wells in Northeast Mesa. I shot a 38-38 for a total of 76, which is my lowest score to date however the course is a par-71 and is rated 67.5 with a slope of 110...so not a very difficult course.

I ended up winning 2nd place in my flight ($20 gift certificate) and got closest to the pin on one of the holes (Apache Wells baseball cap) and won a skin on the same hole ($20 cash). I ended up with $56 in prizes, so it was a good day. The funny thing is that I feel that I didn't play that well, thought I putted better this week even though I missed some easy putts.

The main thing I would like to do better with is my wedge game and my chipping. I was missing the greens with my wedges and then even though I was chipping somewhat better than past rounds, it could improve a lot.

No comments: