- I have been experiencing some hip pain so I haven't been playing golf as much lately. I have an appointment on Jan 7, 2013 with a local orthopedic doctor in Chandler, AZ. I'll let you know how that goes and maybe what exercises they have me do.
- I joined the Golf Channel Am Tour http://www.gcamtour.com/ this year so I will try to update you all on this experience.
- My first tournament is Jan 5, and I have to attend even with my hip pain because in the Golf Channel Am Tour you have to pay in advance right when you sign up and if you cancel you don't get all your money back. That's one complaint I have so far with GCAMTOUR is that you have to sign up way early or it gets full. One tournament filled up in less than 15 minutes!
- I've noticed on the Golf Channel they have a program from the TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) and I enjoy this because they break everything down into your physical ability, drills, and practice.
- For physical ability, they show you tests on how to see if you have any physical limitations, or areas you need to stretch or strengthen. They give you workout routines and stretching routines to improve those areas.
- For drills they give you really good drills to overcome the challenges they are talking about in that episode.
- Practice, practice, practice...they help you learn how to practice. I like how in one episode they worked the new 'feel' into the golfer's pre-shot routine.
- Here's a really good drill from the show http://www.mytpi.com/improve-my-game/swing-characteristics/reverse-spine-angle
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Wow, it's been a while since I have posted on here. Here are some updates to my Golf Journal:
Posted by Seth at 11:27 AM